News
Tribunal: Nasarawa, Taraba falling to Christian governors pose danger to Islam – Popular Cleric, Sheik Sokoto

A popular Sokoto based Islamic cleric, Sheik Mansur Sokoto, has spoken against Nasarawa and Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal judgement outcome, saying Islam would be endangered if the two States became Christian governors-controlled.

The Cleric was shocked that Nasarawa State which has been ruled by Governors of Islamic faith had faced the tribual judgement which favoured a Christian candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Hon. David Ombugadu.

In a Facebook post, he titled “Islam and Northern Arewa” in Hausa language, where he shared his reflection.
He said, “Review of the governorship legal tussles of some states these days is worrisome. If Taraba and Nasarawa fall to non-Muslims, then Islamic religion will be endangered.”
The Islamic cleric, after narrating his opinion, posed a question, saying “What’s the way out.”
Ombugadu was pronounced winner of the governorship election by the Tribunal last week defeating the incumbent governor, Engr. Abdullahi Sule of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The majority judgment was read by Justice Ezekiel Ajayi, Chairman of the tribunal.
Justice Chiemelie Onaga, a member of the panel, agreed with the lead judgment read by the panel chairman. He said that the judgment was a temporary setback that they would learn from in order to restrategise and come out stronger.
The only dissenting judgment was delivered by Justice Ibrahim Mashi, who dismissed the petition filed by the PDP candidate and upheld the declaration of the governor by the INEC.
In his reaction on Monday, the governor had said, “I still remain the governor till Supreme Court decides otherwise because the law allows me to appeal and we will do that to reclaim our mandate.”
Also on Saturday, it was reported that the Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal affirmed that Agbu Kefas of the Peoples Democratic Party is the validly elected governor of Taraba State.
The three-man panel dismissed the petition filed by the New Nigerian People’s Party and its candidate Prof. Sani Yahaya for lacking in merit.

News
Police invites Emir Sanusi for investigation for violating Sallah Durbar ban [See copy]

The Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has been summoned to the Nigerian Po,ice Force headquarters to face criminal investigation.

In a letter dated 4th April and signed by Commissioner of Police in Charge of Operations, Olajide Rufus Ibitoye, said he was directed by the Inspector General of Police to invite the Emir for questioning for violating Durbar ban.

A copy of the letter sighted by CAPITAL POST indicated that Sanusi led a Durbar processing to the Government House to pay homage despite the ban which the Police expressed security concerns.
The urged Emir Sanusi Lamido to appear on Tuesday,b8th April, 2025.
Sanusi reportedly led a procession in car as against the usual horses in which a 20-year old in the entourage was arrested and detained.

News
Senators Natasha, Abbo unite in peddling dangerous falsehood against me – Akpabio

Senate President, Godswill Obot Akpabio has accused Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan and Elisha Abbo of being united I coordinated attacks against him lately.

He stated this following Natasha’s claims during a rally in her Kogi Central Senatorial District that he recruited the former Governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello to assassinate her outside Abuja.

At the rally on Tuesday 1st April, 2025 which was monitored by CAPITAL POST in Lokoja, Natasha accused the former Governor Yahaya Bello, having been contacted late in the night of March 12, 2025 to orchestrated ‘recall and assassination’ of her outside Abuja.
Natasha said she has intelligence reports that when she is killed in her Constituency, “it will look as if it’s her people that killed her.”
Though Bello was yet to issue a statement debunking the allgations or otherwise, Senate President on his part denied the allegation and described it as falsehood and inflammatory.
Reacting in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publici, Hon. Eseme Eyiboh on Friday, Akpabio accused former Senator representing Adamawa North Senatorial, Elisha Abbo of toeing the similar part of blackmail, saying barely 24 hours later, on April 2, 2025, Elisha Abbo appeared on Arise Television to revive a previously withdrawn claim that Senator Akpabio “manipulated the judiciary” to secure his removal from the Senate.
The statement said: “Nigerians will recall that Mr. Abbo, in 2023, publicly retracted this same accusation and tendered an apology after acknowledging that his claims were founded on incorrect assumptions.
“His removal from office was the outcome of a constitutionally grounded judicial decision by the Court of Appeal, which independently determined that he was not duly elected to represent Adamawa North.
“In a further twist, Mr. Abbo also alleged that he was denied his entitlements by the Senate President. This, too, is categorically false. Entitlements such as salaries and allowances are processed strictly through administrative and legal procedures.
“The Senate President does not and cannot unilaterally approve or deny such requests. Any delays or rejections would have been based solely on due diligence and compliance with established protocols.
“The timing, tone, and striking similarity of these coordinated attacks point clearly to a politically motivated smear campaign. These individuals—backed by undisclosed interests—appear united in a desperate effort to undermine the credibility of the Senate and its leadership and intended to distract from their own personal and political shortcomings and failings.
“Senator Godswill Akpabio remains undeterred. As a statesman devoted to national unity, institutional integrity, and the rule of law, he will not be distracted by malicious falsehoods or inflammatory rhetoric.
“Regardless of the necessity for legal redress, formal letters of demand, seeking immediate public retractions, apologies, and compensation for reputational harm, are underway to be served on both Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan and Mr Elisha Abbo.
“We call on the Nigerian public in particular and the International Community to reject these baseless and provocative narratives. The Senate, under Senator Akpabio’s leadership, remains focused on its constitutional mandate: to promote legislative excellence, safeguard democratic values, and deliver meaningful progress for the Nigerian people”, the statement concluded.

News
Governor Ododo mourns death of Kogi East APC Chairman

Kogi State Governor, Ahmed Usman Ododo, has expressed heartfelt sympathy over the demise of Hon. Suleiman Muhammed, the Kogi East Zonal Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a condolence message to the family of the deceased and members of the APC in Kogi state, described the sudden passing of the APC Zonal chairman as a loss not only for the party in Kogi East but the entire APC family in the state.

According to the Governor “The late Hon. Suleiman Muhammed was a man of peace, humility, and one who demonstrated commitment to the service of the state and the APC as a party. He carried the aspirations of his people with dignity; his leadership was widely respected and his contributions deeply valued within and beyond the APC in Kogi East”.
“He was instrumental in strengthening party cohesion and promoting inclusive dialogue. His presence in every party engagement brought stability and thoughtful leadership to our consultations in the zone.”
Governor Ododo further noted that Hon. Suleiman’s calm temperament, sense of fairness, and ability to listen distinguished him as a unifying figure in the party.
The Governor also extends condolences to the family of the deceased, the leadership and members of the APC in the state, the people of Dekina local government area and the entire Kogi East Senatorial District.
He prayed that Almighty Allah (SWT) forgive his shortcomings and grant him Aljanatul Firdaus.
The late APC zonal chairman who served as the APC coordinator in Odu Ward 2 before becoming the zonal chairman of the party in Kogi East died at the age of 45 and has been laid to rest according to Islamic rites.

-
Security1 week ago
New Commissioner of Police in Niger, Elleman sends strong warning to criminals
-
News7 days ago
Abia: LG Chairman, Iheke accused of using soldiers to detain IRS agent, claims Governor Otti’s support
-
News1 day ago
Senators Natasha, Abbo unite in peddling dangerous falsehood against me – Akpabio
-
News1 week ago
Kogi Governor, Ahmed Usman Ododo salutes Tinubu at 74
-
News6 days ago
Kogi government bans rallies ahead of Natasha’s homecoming slated for Tuesday
-
News1 week ago
Akpabio pays historic visit to office of SA to President on Senate Matters
-
News1 week ago
Plateau LP stakeholders endorses Barr Gyang Zi’s defection to APC
-
News6 days ago
Iran may secure a deal before Trump’s deadline – or face Israeli strikes in Tehran – analysis