News
PCC is collaborating with embassies – Chief Commissioner, Igbawua

The Chief Commissioner of Nigeria’s Public Complaints Commission (PCC), Hon. Chile Igbawua said the Commission had been repositioned in the last three years with tremendous results, saying that the development has endeared it to various embassies which are collaborating with the Commission.

Speaking at a press conference in Abuja, on Wednesday, after a two day plenary with the 36 Federal Commissioners and FCT, he stressed that foreign missions became interested in activities of PCC because of progress of activities in clear departure from the past to the extent that some of the Commission’s staff receives training at the embassies’ cost.

The Chief Ombudsman noted that the Commission has been put on a fast lane and could compete with others anywhere in the world in the handling of its statutory mandates for the people, adding that this was made possible through sustained collaboration.
He stressed: “PCC has sustained partnership with Non-government and whistle blowing organisation like pro bono lawyers, human rights radio for greater efficiency and proactive resolution of complaints.
Reeling out success of the Commission he noted that there was increased resolution of complaints with 71,529 cases received among which 23,815 were resolved in 2019, while 47, 714 carried over to 2020 for resolution.
He said: “It is my pleasure to address the media after a two day plenary of the Federal Commissioners of the Public Complaints Commission of the 36 States and FCT.
He commended the Federal Commissioners for overcoming the challenge of operating from Abuja, a situation he said, made them to assume a full jurisdiction in their various States.
“The present set of Commissioners were inaugurated in May, 2018 and that is to say they have served close to three years now and am happy to announce that when we were inaugurated, one of the major problem that was highlighted by the National Assembly was that the Commissioners were operating from Abuja instead of operating in their various States.
“The difference between the Public Complaints Commission and other Commissions is that PCC Commissioners operates in their States.
“They exercise full jurisdiction in all their States. But am very happy to announce that during this tenure, all Commissioners have been operating effectively from their States and rendering annual reports to the National Assembly and the Head Office.
Speaking on the strategic plan of the Commission, he said:
“On assumption, we have also discovered that the PCC was operating without a plan on ground that could be referred to assess where we are going and to also provide avenue for others to assess you on what you are doing and what you are expected to do.
“So we went into action immediately and put together a five year strategic plan and.since 2018, our operations have been governed by the five year strategic plan.
“It enable us have information on our website that the general public will access and know what we are doing at the material time and what we are expected to do in the near future.
“This led to international communities including Embassies and hitherto they are all aware of the activities of the Commission. As a result of the strategic plan, we have started having patronage from the embassies such that we have some of our staff who receive international training at the cost of these embassies.
“Another issue that we have to treat is that since the establishment of this Commission in 1975, the act provided that the Chief Commissioner should produce a guideline on how Complaints are to be handled and we.disckvered that after 4o years, no such document was in place.
“Again, we move swiftly and put up what is now known as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). With the SOP, clear time lines has been provided on how a combination should be handled and when and how we get responses from the people.
“With the Standard Operating Procedure, we have been able to outline when responses are.expected, for instance, the act provided that the respondent should respond to inquiries by PCC within 30 days, but they won’t respond after several letters have been written after several months and even years and simply just ignore the request by the Public Complaints Commission.
“The Honourable Chief Commissioner revealed that the response level has improved tremendously as a result of the mechanism put in place since assumption of office three years ago.
He said the Commission has its presence at the Local Government Areas in Nigeria as each Federal Commissioner in the State have been alive to their responsibilities in coordinating PCC activities of that State.
Reacting to questions on LG issues, he lamented that there were challenges with Local government administration in Nigeria which have not been allowed to function effectively, saying it falls within the responsibility of the Commission, whe expressing hope that the issue would be picked up.

News
‘Your malicious campaign of calumny against me will not work’ – Akpabio blasts Senator Abbo

The President of the Nigerian Senate Godswill Obot Akpabio said, he will not be distracted by the baseless allegation and antics of Elisha Abbo who formerly represented Adamawa North Senatorial District in the Senate, stating that it was unfortunate that the ex-lawmaker has started another round of malicious campaign against him.

This was contained in a statement made available to journalists on Thursday by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Senate President, Hon Eseme Eyiboh, declaring that Elisha Abbo’s outbursts are those of a failed politician who fraudulently represented Adamawa North Senatorial District before the Court intervention cleared him out of way.

Akpabio through his aide was reacting to Elisha Abbo’s blame on Akpabio, suggesting that he was responsible for his electoral woes in an interview he granted on Arise Television on Wednesday while he featured on politics today.
Part of the statement read: “The attention of the Office of the President of the Senate has been drawn to another round of spurious and malicious accusations by Mr. Elisha Abbo, who unlawfully represented Adamawa North Senatorial District save a judicial intervention.
“He has again sought to blame the President of the Senate, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio, for the travail of his judicial sanction that occasioned his ouster from the Senate.”
Akpabio said he was perturbed the more over Elisha’s outburst on him over an issue he has regretted and apologized to him publicly in 2023—after admitting that his earlier accusation was “premature and based on the available information at his disposal.
He noted further that Abbo had once discussed with him last year and acknowledge that “he was not involved in the judicial process that led to his ouster from the Senate.”
“For the avoidance of doubt, the Court of Appeal, after a thorough legal process, ruled unequivocally that Mr. Abbo’s presence in the Red Chamber was in error. The court determined that he was not validly elected as the Senator for Adamawa North, and consequently, he was removed.
“The court acted in accordance with the extant laws and the Constitution within its sacred duty to uphold the rule of law. Senator Akpabio, a seasoned lawyer and democrat, holds the independence of the judiciary in the highest regard and would never interfere in its processes.”
Given that Abbo has exonerated him, Akpabio said he found it illogical and irresponsible for him to now turn around and heap blames on him.
“Mr. Abbo has also sought to create the impression that he was unjustly denied official benefits following his ouster. He claims entitlement to salaries, allowances, and even an official vehicle, despite the court’s declaration that his tenure was null and void ab initio.”
Akpabio noted that he has no executive fiat to approve finances, except such has been duly vetted and forwarded to him by the appropriate administrative units in line with the public finance guidelines.
If any of Mr. Abbo’s claims for payment did not reach the desk of the Senate President, it is because they failed to meet these lawful standards—not because of any personal or political vendetta.
It is unfortunate that instead of accepting the consequences of his legal and political failings, Mr. Abbo continues to resort to media theatrics and reckless finger-pointing. Even more telling is his record of public conduct. Nigerians will recall that in 2019, he was caught on video assaulting a female citizen in Abuja—an incident for which he was ordered by a competent court to pay N50 million in damages. This is a matter of public record and speaks volumes about his temperament and disposition.
His recent outbursts about unpaid travels and imagined plots further reinforce the conclusion that his actions are driven not by facts or principle, but by bitterness and desperation to remain politically relevant. These claims are not only baseless, but they reek of grievance and a refusal to accept personal responsibility for his removal and loss of public trust.
Senator Godswill Akpabio remains focused on the noble task of nation-building, providing purposeful leadership in the Senate, and strengthening democratic institutions—especially the independence of the judiciary. He will not be distracted by the antics of individuals who seek to rewrite history to mask personal failures.
We urge Mr. Abbo to reflect deeply, respect the rule of law, and focus on rebuilding the confidence of his constituents if he hopes to return to public life. Nigeria’s democracy can only thrive when its actors show maturity, responsibility, and an abiding respect for the truth.

News
Caveat Emptor: Firm Issues warning against Hampton Harbour property transactions

Structured HQ Legal, (SHQ) has issued a public notice warning against any transactions involving the buying, selling, leasing, or letting of the Hampton Harbour landed property.

The landed property measuring at 19.5 hectares is located at Elegushi Royal Family Land, Ikate Ancient City, Eti Osa, Local Government Area, Lagos State with reference number 376/376/2777GC and belongs to the Baggeren International Company.

In an official press statement issued to the news men, the firm disclosed that the property is currently under legal scrutiny, cautioning that any individual or entity engaging in transactions related to Hampton Harbour does so at their own risk. They also emphasized that unauthorized dealings could lead to significant financial loss and expose parties involved to legal consequences.
SHQ further noted that any person(s) who proceeds with any dealings in relation to the Hampton Harbour property risks both financial loss and potential legal actions noting that such transactions may result in criminal and civil liabilities for trespass or fraud.
The public is strongly advised to exercise caution and ensure due diligence before engaging in any transactions concerning Hampton Harbour. Prospective buyers, investors, or stakeholders must seek formal confirmation and approval from Structured HQ Legal or Baggeren International Company Limited to avoid financial and legal risks.

News
BREAKING: INEC rejects recall petition against Natasha for lack of requirements

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Thursday said, requirements for recalling Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan representing Kogi Central Senatorial District were lacking in the petition.

In a statement to update circumstances surrounding a purported petition against Natasha, the INEC said, it has rejected the petition.

The Commission said, Natasha is a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and there are requirements to recall her or any other Senator, but it cannot consider the petitions that lack merits.
Earlier the Secretary to the Commission, Rose Oriaran-Anthony, acknowledged receipt of petition against the embattled lawmaker from her constituents after submitting it to the INEC headquarters in Maitama, Abuja.
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan representing Kogi Central Senatorial District was the former Chairman of Senate Committee on Local Contents, but was suspended from the Senate over alleged breach of Senate Standing Rules.
Natasha disclosed that she has approached the Court to quash her suspension which she claimed was illegal.
According to the petitioners, over 250,000 constituents’ signed the petition, out of about 480,000 registered voters in the senatorial district.
The petition was titled Constituents’ Petition for the Recall of Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan on Grounds of Loss of Confidence’.
In a brief statement on Thursday, the Commission said, “The petition for the recall of the Senator representing the Kogi Central Senatorial District has not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).”
The female lawmaker also on Tuesday defied ban by Kogi State Government and visited her Senatorial District in what she said, was a Sallah visit to felicitate with those who gave her their mandate.

-
Security6 days ago
New Commissioner of Police in Niger, Elleman sends strong warning to criminals
-
News5 days ago
Abia: LG Chairman, Iheke accused of using soldiers to detain IRS agent, claims Governor Otti’s support
-
News6 days ago
Kogi Governor, Ahmed Usman Ododo salutes Tinubu at 74
-
News4 days ago
Kogi government bans rallies ahead of Natasha’s homecoming slated for Tuesday
-
News6 days ago
Plateau LP stakeholders endorses Barr Gyang Zi’s defection to APC
-
News4 days ago
Iran may secure a deal before Trump’s deadline – or face Israeli strikes in Tehran – analysis
-
News6 days ago
Akpabio pays historic visit to office of SA to President on Senate Matters
-
Business6 days ago
FCT Minister reveals how he would aggressively pursue revenue collection, tours infrastructure