Connect with us

News

2023: Nigerian farmers vow to mobilize 17 million votes for Tinubu

Published

on

The Agro Commodities Directorate of the Presidential Campaign Council in the All Progressives Congress says it is committed to delivering 17 million votes to the party’s presidential candidate, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu at the February 25 presidential poll.

Advertisements

Director of the Directorate, Alhaji Abubakar Bello disclosed this at the National Stakeholders Engagement and Mobilization summit, which held at the APC presidential campaign headquarters, on Thursday in Abuja.

Advertisements

The Agro Commodities Directorate is a platform that comprise of over 100 recognised commodity associations cutting across agricultural production, manufacturing, processing, marketing of food and cash crops, condiments, tree crops, fisheries and livestock among others.

Alhaji Bello noted that the APC government have always supported agriculture which is vital to the growth of any economy hence the need for continuity. According to him, the agricultural policies of the present administration had led to the provision of prerequisite infrastructure that have the potential to uplift the sector sustainably in the years ahead .

According to him, the Tinubu/Shettima manifesto has also revealed that the APC presidential candidate is keen to growing the agricultural sector inorder boost the country’s economy.

He said “Representatives of all these structures are in this venue today to affirm their support to the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential ticket, and on their behalf, I wish to inform this gathering that they have all been working so hard since the inauguration of the Directorate on November 2022 with the aim of delivering at least 17 million votes to the APC Presidential Candidate during the upcoming election taking place at the end of this month.

“We all wish to acknowledge that since the advent of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, the country had seen consistent, expansive and wholistic approach to developing the Agricultural Sector through its value chains including the formulation of appropriate policies which had led to the provision of prerequisite infrastructure that have the potential to uplift the sector sustainably in the years ahead.

“As we speak, the country had reached a stage of producing and processing what it needs in food crops and is gearing for export of cash and tree crops, tubers, livestock and fisheries. Such favourable policies enabled the investments in the construction of vital futuristic structures such as the Lekki deep seaport in Lagos, the dry port in Kano and Kaduna, and the railways which will all aid transportation of agricultural commodities from production hubs to processing and marketing hubs.

“The Agro Commodities groups had to ensure full support and ensure we mobilize all our teaming members to usher in Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the only government that will not only continue with these successes, but has the capacity, ability, vision and doggedness to double the speed at which the sector transforms in order to cater for the projected massive population leap in the coming years.

“We cannot afford to allow in a clueless government that had already promised to open the National borders and take us back to the era of massive food and weapons import and make our over 70 newly established integrated rice mills and other Agricultural investments to become moribund and our youth unemployed”.

The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr Mohammed Abubakar in his address, stated that for seven years consecutively, the Agricultural sector has contributed more to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) than any other sector.

“I have no doubt in my mind that the incoming government Insha Allah of Bola Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu and Kashim Shettima will do the same justice for Agric as this current administration is doing because that is the only way that we can sustain our developmental activities to improve our economy”, he added.

Also, the Secretary of the Directorate, Retson Tedheke said the group is already carrying out mobilisation for the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential ticket.

“This Summit is to bring those particularly involved in the Agbado and cassava infrastructure in Nigeria. The reality is this, you build on the local infrastructure to sustain an economic development that has the interest of the people at heart.

“When are we going to get off oil? How much can we spend to get agriculture to work, focus on the challenges in the agricultural space, solve insecurity problem, make sure that farmers access fund and then look at someone who believes in the Nigerian dream and then we can visualise that to grow the Nigerian economy.

“Over five million farming members are committed to the course. We want to be able to take that number to about 12.5 million across the country” he said.

Reacting to issue of farmer/herders clash, he said the APC presidential aspirant is committed to addressing the issue of insecurity headlong.

“His manifesto speak to what the farmers challenges are, if you solve security, you solve that problem.

“If you solve the food problem in this country, if you create food security, you create social security, you create economy security, you create cultural security. So the manifesto speaks to the Nigerian challenge”, he added.

Advertisements

News

Supreme Court Verdict: A Triumph for democracy, unity of Nigeria – LP NCC

Published

on

In a landmark ruling today, the Supreme Court of Nigeria delivered a judgment that has been hailed as a significant victory not only for the Labour Party (LP) but also for Nigeria’s democracy. The ruling, which saw the removal of Mr. Julius Abure as the National Chairman of the Labour Party, is widely regarded as a triumph of democracy, the rule of law, and the resilience of Nigeria’s judicial system.

Advertisements

The statement celebrating the historic judgment was issued by the Labour Party National Caretaker Committee Secretary, Sen. Darlington Nwokocha who was present at the Supreme Court in Abuja during the judgment. The Secretary expressed immense gratitude to the Justices of the Supreme Court for their fair and forthright decision, which was described as a beacon of hope for the country’s democracy.

Advertisements

“This ruling is a monumental victory for the Labour Party and, more importantly, for the future of Nigeria’s democracy,” said the Secretary. “It demonstrates that the Judiciary remains the last hope for the common man, ensuring that justice and the rule of law prevail in the face of challenges.”

The Labour Party National Caretaker Committee (LP NCC) emphasized that the judgment is a clear indication that despite the struggles Nigeria faces, the nation’s democracy is resilient, and the judicial system remains a pillar of strength. It is also seen as a crucial step towards unifying the party and fostering an environment conducive to political reform and nation-building.

“This historic ruling is not only a victory for the Labour Party, but also for the Nigerian people and our democracy. It affirms that the rule of law will always be upheld,” the statement continued. “We now have an opportunity to rebuild Nigeria’s democracy and strengthen our party, which remains the political party of choice for millions of Nigerians.”

The Labour Party extended a call to all Nigerians, irrespective of political affiliation, to unite with the party in its efforts to restore and rebuild the nation’s democracy. “We call on all Nigerians to join hands with the Labour Party in the mission to restore the true values of democracy, justice, and equity in Nigeria,” the statement urged.

The judgment is being seen as a significant milestone not only for the Labour Party but for the entire nation, as it underscores the importance of a free, fair, and independent judiciary in maintaining democratic principles. The ruling have now firmly brought to an end the perennial leadership crisis within the Labour Party, enabling it to focus more effectively on its agenda for a better Nigeria.

The Labour Party also took this moment to express their deep appreciation to their supporters for their unwavering dedication and solidarity. “We thank Nigerians for their resilience, support, and trust in our cause. The Labour Party remains the people’s party, and together, we will continue to fight for a more just, equitable, and prosperous Nigeria,” the Secretary concluded.

As the Labour Party moves forward, it is committed to uniting its members and supporters to build a Nigeria free from oppression, where justice and fairness are upheld for all. The Supreme Court’s ruling today serves as a powerful reminder that in Nigeria, the law is supreme, and democracy will always triumph.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

News

‘Your malicious campaign of calumny against me will not work’ – Akpabio blasts Senator Abbo

Published

on

The President of the Nigerian Senate Godswill Obot Akpabio said, he will not be distracted by the baseless allegation and antics of Elisha Abbo who formerly represented Adamawa North Senatorial District in the Senate, stating that it was unfortunate that the ex-lawmaker has started another round of malicious campaign against him.

Advertisements

This was contained in a statement made available to journalists on Thursday by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Senate President, Hon Eseme Eyiboh, declaring that Elisha Abbo’s outbursts are those of a failed politician who fraudulently represented Adamawa North Senatorial District before the Court intervention cleared him out of way.

Advertisements

Akpabio through his aide was reacting to Elisha Abbo’s blame on Akpabio, suggesting that he was responsible for his electoral woes in an interview he granted on Arise Television on Wednesday while he featured on politics today.

Part of the statement read: “The attention of the Office of the President of the Senate has been drawn to another round of spurious and malicious accusations by Mr. Elisha Abbo, who unlawfully represented Adamawa North Senatorial District save a judicial intervention.

“He has again sought to blame the President of the Senate, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio, for the travail of his judicial sanction that occasioned his ouster from the Senate.”

Akpabio said he was perturbed the more over Elisha’s outburst on him over an issue he has regretted and apologized to him publicly in 2023—after admitting that his earlier accusation was “premature and based on the available information at his disposal.

He noted further that Abbo had once discussed with him last year and acknowledge that “he was not involved in the judicial process that led to his ouster from the Senate.”

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Court of Appeal, after a thorough legal process, ruled unequivocally that Mr. Abbo’s presence in the Red Chamber was in error. The court determined that he was not validly elected as the Senator for Adamawa North, and consequently, he was removed.

“The court acted in accordance with the extant laws and the Constitution within its sacred duty to uphold the rule of law. Senator Akpabio, a seasoned lawyer and democrat, holds the independence of the judiciary in the highest regard and would never interfere in its processes.”

Given that Abbo has exonerated him, Akpabio said he found it illogical and irresponsible for him to now turn around and heap blames on him.

“Mr. Abbo has also sought to create the impression that he was unjustly denied official benefits following his ouster. He claims entitlement to salaries, allowances, and even an official vehicle, despite the court’s declaration that his tenure was null and void ab initio.”

Akpabio noted that he has no executive fiat to approve finances, except such has been duly vetted and forwarded to him by the appropriate administrative units in line with the public finance guidelines.

If any of Mr. Abbo’s claims for payment did not reach the desk of the Senate President, it is because they failed to meet these lawful standards—not because of any personal or political vendetta.

It is unfortunate that instead of accepting the consequences of his legal and political failings, Mr. Abbo continues to resort to media theatrics and reckless finger-pointing. Even more telling is his record of public conduct. Nigerians will recall that in 2019, he was caught on video assaulting a female citizen in Abuja—an incident for which he was ordered by a competent court to pay N50 million in damages. This is a matter of public record and speaks volumes about his temperament and disposition.

His recent outbursts about unpaid travels and imagined plots further reinforce the conclusion that his actions are driven not by facts or principle, but by bitterness and desperation to remain politically relevant. These claims are not only baseless, but they reek of grievance and a refusal to accept personal responsibility for his removal and loss of public trust.

Senator Godswill Akpabio remains focused on the noble task of nation-building, providing purposeful leadership in the Senate, and strengthening democratic institutions—especially the independence of the judiciary. He will not be distracted by the antics of individuals who seek to rewrite history to mask personal failures.
We urge Mr. Abbo to reflect deeply, respect the rule of law, and focus on rebuilding the confidence of his constituents if he hopes to return to public life. Nigeria’s democracy can only thrive when its actors show maturity, responsibility, and an abiding respect for the truth.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

News

Caveat Emptor: Firm Issues warning against Hampton Harbour property transactions

Published

on

Structured HQ Legal, (SHQ) has issued a public notice warning against any transactions involving the buying, selling, leasing, or letting of the Hampton Harbour landed property.

Advertisements

The landed property measuring at 19.5 hectares is located at Elegushi Royal Family Land, Ikate Ancient City, Eti Osa, Local Government Area, Lagos State with reference number 376/376/2777GC and belongs to the Baggeren International Company.

Advertisements

In an official press statement issued to the news men, the firm disclosed that the property is currently under legal scrutiny, cautioning that any individual or entity engaging in transactions related to Hampton Harbour does so at their own risk. They also emphasized that unauthorized dealings could lead to significant financial loss and expose parties involved to legal consequences.

SHQ further noted that any person(s) who proceeds with any dealings in relation to the Hampton Harbour property risks both financial loss and potential legal actions noting that such transactions may result in criminal and civil liabilities for trespass or fraud.

The public is strongly advised to exercise caution and ensure due diligence before engaging in any transactions concerning Hampton Harbour. Prospective buyers, investors, or stakeholders must seek formal confirmation and approval from Structured HQ Legal or Baggeren International Company Limited to avoid financial and legal risks.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

Trending


Address: 1st Floor, Nwakpabi Plaza, Suite 110, Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Apo, Abuja
Tel: +234 7036084449; +234 7012711701
Email: capitalpost20@gmail.com | info@capitalpost.ng
Copyright © 2025 Capital Post