Connect with us

News

Vacation order: Chased Seriki Fulani cry out from bush, says he has lost everything in Oyo

Published

on

The Seriki Fulani in Igangan area of Oyo State, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir was attacked by the suspected Yoruba youths Friday night on orders of the State youth leader, Sunday Adeyemo who had earlier issued a seven day ultimatum to all Fulani herders to quit.

Advertisements

Alhaji Saliu speaking from his hideout in the bush to journalists, said he was driven away by the youths before burning his house in the presence of security agents.

Advertisements

He explained that security agents earlier assured him of safety before the youths came in their large numbers burning everything including 11 cars in his compound while security agents watched them helplessly.

He said, “As we speak, we are in the bush. Our cars, numbering about 11, have been burnt. Some of my children sustained injuries and we are looking for a way to get them to hospital.

“My children have left their houses for the bush. We need the government to help us. Police, Operation Burst and other security agencies were there when they set my house ablaze.


Reacting to the development in a telephone conversation, Chairman of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) in the State, Alhaji Ibrahim Jiji, also confirmed the attack, saying, it’s unfortunate.

According to him, the Seriki Fulani who was chased away was a gentleman who has been living there for a long time.

He said, not all Fulani are evil, noting that they are good ones among them while he pleaded with government for intervention before things went out of hands.

Oyo State has been bedevilled with attacks of kidnapping, killing and robbery especially in Ibarakpa and Igangan areas which was largely blamed on Fulani herders.

However, Sunday Adeyemo, an agitator for Oodua Republic, better known as Sunday Igboho, on Friday visited some Oyo communities to confirm compliance of Fulani people with the seven-day ultimatum.

The ultimatum has pitched him against the governor of Oyo, Engr Seyi Makinde who insisted that the quit notice was illegal.

Despite Makinde’s position, Igboho affirmed his decision to visit the communities to monitor compliance.

In a video shared online, Igboho was well received during his visit to the Igangan community as scores of people converged for his reception.

The people were seen jubilating; dancing and singing.

Addressing the people, Igboho said, “The Fulani have gone, we have sent them out of our land and they cannot come back again. Kidnappers cannot rule over us, they can’t take over our land from us. It belongs to us; they should stop threatening.

“Those who live with us peacefully; we are not fighting them but how will a visitor claim one’s house from him. If you live with us in peace, we have no problem with you but if you decide to kidnap and kill us, we don’t want you here. I assure Yoruba people, particularly those in Oyo State, that there is no danger.

“This one we have started here in Oyo State will not end here. We are going to other parts of the South-West. Tell Fulani herdsmen in Ekiti State, Ondo State and Osun States; in fact, in all South-West states that they should get ready for us because we are coming.”

Igboho also alleged that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari had not brought anything good to the people of the South-West except social vices.

Igboho, therefore, called on the president to take the Fulani out of Yorubaland.

“Buhari should come and evacuate his people from our land, we don’t want them again. They are just punishing the youths; they have turned us to nothing, why? The educated youth don’t have jobs, nothing, the gain now is to kill and kidnap us. We are still on the unemployment issue, we have accepted our fate, should we not be in peace and enjoy security again? It’s enough,” he said.

Earlier in the week, Igboho also alleged that when he visited Seriki Fulani of Oyo State, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir, at his home to urge him to do something about the killings and kidnappings being carried out by suspected Fulani herdsmen in the state, some Fulani people there threatened him with guns and also shot at him.

He alleged that one Fulani man also brought out an axe to threaten him.

Advertisements

News

We are vindicated by ex-Rivers HoS revelation – APC

Published

on

The Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that it has been vindicated by recent revelations from the state’s former Head of Service, Dr. George Nwaeke.

Advertisements

The Rivers APC Chairman, Chief Tony Okocha, stated this in a statement he personally signed and made available to journalists on Wednesday.

Advertisements

The former Head of Service, who recently resigned had alleged that the suspended Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, was directly responsible for the political crisis in the state and the bombing of the State House of Assembly.

In response, the Rivers State APC asserted that Nwaeke’s testimony aligns with the party’s long-held position, as frequently stated by Chief Okocha, that the suspended governor was the architect of the state’s political crisis, including masterminding the October 29, 2023, bombing of the State House of Assembly.

Chief Okocha further emphasized that Nwaeke’s account, given his high-ranking position in the state, cannot be dismissed as mere speculation.

He said attempts to discredit the former Head of Service will not deter him from exposing the alleged corruption and misconduct that the APC has repeatedly highlighted.

“What is most interesting to the APC in Rivers State as a responsible political party is that Dr. George Nwaeke’s revelations and testimonies of how suspended Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his squad bombed the Rivers State House of Assembly is an eye witness account.

“Again , it has clearly vindicated the APC in Rivers State as the only visible and viable opposition political party in the State, and has cemented the love for the party in the heart of well meaning Rivers people as the voice of the voiceless, and the hope for a better Rivers State.

“The revelations made by the former Head of Service in Rivers State has further positioned her as a political party with high level of integrity, and the hope of Rivers people for a viable alternative to produce the Governor of Rivers State in 2027.

“The verbal attacks staged against the resigned Head of Service will not deter him from exposing the corruption within Sim Fubara’s administration, which we have consistently highlighted as the opposition party. On this matter, the APC shall function as watchdogs”, the party stated.

Chief Tony Okocha expressed confidence that security agencies would thoroughly investigate the matter.

“The APC in Rivers State strongly believes that the relevant security agencies will be professional enough to get to the root of the matter and make their findings public”, he said.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

News

CSOs demand urgent probe into ex-Rivers HoS allegations against Gov. Fubara

Published

on

A coalition of civil rights organizations, the Centre for Credible Leadership and Citizens Awareness (CCLCA), has called for an immediate and thorough investigation into the allegations leveled against suspended Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, by Dr. George Nwaeke, the former Head of Service of the state.

Advertisements

During a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, Dr. Gabriel Nwambu, Director General of the CCLCA, urged the Nigerian Police Force (NPF), Department of State Services (DSS), and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to take swift action in probing the allegations. He emphasized that if proven true, these claims pose serious risks to governance and democracy.

Advertisements

The coalition, comprising 30 civil society organizations, stands in solidarity with Dr. Nwaeke, who has expressed willingness to provide evidence of alleged corruption and constitutional breaches involving Governor Fubara and his Chief of Staff, Mr. Edison.

“We collectively urge the relevant authorities to act swiftly and transparently. Addressing these allegations is critical to restoring public confidence in governance at both the state and national levels,” Dr. Nwambu stated.

He commended President Ahmed Bola Tinubu for his intervention in Rivers State, which led to the declaration of a state of emergency, a move he described as crucial for stabilizing the region.

Dr. Nwaeke’s accusations against Governor Fubara include:

Arson and Sabotage: Allegedly instructing his Chief of Staff to burn down the Rivers State House of Assembly to prevent impeachment proceedings, a violation of Section 14(2)(b) of the 1999 Constitution.
Corruption and Financial Misconduct: Claims of large sums of money being used for personal and illegal activities, contravening Section 15(5) of the Constitution.
Threats to Public Safety: Alleged plans to sabotage state infrastructure, potentially inciting public disorder, which falls under Section 1 of the Terrorism Prevention Act (2011).
Collusion with Militant Groups: Alleged meetings between the governor, his Chief of Staff, and militant leaders, posing a threat to national security and violating Section 43 of the Constitution.
Suppression of Labour Rights: Alleged attempts to bribe labour leaders to silence dissent, contravening Section 40 of the Constitution, which guarantees freedom of assembly.

The coalition has urged law enforcement agencies to ensure a thorough, transparent, and expedited investigation into these allegations.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

News

Deputy Speaker, Kalu appoints Hart as new Chief of Staff

Published

on

Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Okezie Kalu has appointed Sam Ifeanyi Hart, Esq. as his new Chief of Staff (CoS).

Advertisements

Hart replaces Hon. Toby Okechukwu who was recently appointed Executive Director, Projects of the newly established South East Development Commission (SEDC).

Advertisements

Prior to his appointment, Hart served as Special Adviser to the Deputy Speaker on Public Affairs and has an extensive background in training and consultancy.

Hart also previously served as Director-General, Abia State Marketing and Quality Management Agency from 2019 to 2023 after occupying other appointive positions.

He was also a member of National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS), Kuru where he attended the Senior Executive Course 45, serving as Course Secretary-General.

He has also served on the Boards of several corporate and non-governmental entities.

Hart brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his new role, with a distinguished career spanning law, leadership, and public service.

A lifelong learner, he holds multiple academic qualifications, including a Master’s Degree in Environmental Law (LLM) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from Abia State University.

The new Chief of Staff is also currently pursuing a Doctorate Degree in Law.

A seasoned professional, Hart has attended prestigious institutions, including the GOTNI Leadership Centre, National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS), and the School of Politics, Policy and Governance (SPPG).

He is also a member of several professional bodies, including the Chartered Institute of Directors of Nigeria (M.IoD), Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (ACIArb), and the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).

As Chief of Staff, Hart will provide strategic guidance and support to the Deputy Speaker legislative activities, leveraging his expertise to drive policy initiatives and promote good governance.

Advertisements
Continue Reading

Trending


Address: 1st Floor, Nwakpabi Plaza, Suite 110, Waziri Ibrahim Crescent, Apo, Abuja
Tel: +234 7036084449; +234 7012711701
Email: capitalpost20@gmail.com | info@capitalpost.ng
Copyright © 2025 Capital Post